- How to present the work?
- How does the work explain and communicate itself?
- What material to use? Light? Projector? Where?
- Think about what to project on
- Find the key image
- Integrating the text into the space?
- shadow / reflection / projection
- existence / hidden nature / left behind
- expectation / unexpected
- seen / unseen / curiosity
- obscure / to hide / to screen
- deformation / twist
But what I need the most is a theme, probably should be a 'verb', in order to find the way of 'making' it. The word 'Fade away' came up to my mind, and this might be able to connect some words I mentioned above. But I'm not quite sure whether this is the proper word to choose or not or is there any better word to choose for my theme?
I'm thinking of making a model in representing a space. The space was empty at first then I start putting walls to block the lights coming into that space. The existence of both walls and shadows changes. The more layer I put in, the less lights gets through. The space might seems to be filling up from empty but the visibility of shadow is fading away at the same time. I'll use photograph as a record of this entire sequence. And I might also making those photos into some kind of moving images if possible.
Would that be an idea worth to go for? I don't really know. Thinking about how to use light and shadow to define a space is important. What could be created or left behind through the movement of changing?(the changing of existence/visibility/volume/intensity...) Is there any way that I can create a space through light and shadow? This is an important part which I need to think about yet haven't got any idea and desperately need one.
No comments:
Post a Comment